New Delhi, India
New Delhi is the capital city of India, the largest Democracy of the world. It was made capital by the British emperor George V in 1931. It is a constantly expanding Metropolis city and India’s central power for more than 1000 years.
Must see places-
- Jama Masjid- It is one of the old Delhi’s main landmarks, built by Mughal King Shahjahan. It has beautiful architecture and was under construction for 6 years.
- Raj Ghat- It is the memorial of countries former Political Leaders.
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib- It is the city’s largest Sikh temple, everyone no matter what cast, religion or Nationality is permitted to visit the Gurudwara.
- Red Fort- One of the finest building of the former Mughal Realm built under Shahjahan. It took 9 years to built.
- Connaught Place- It is the circular city center from where all the main routes begin.
- India Gate- It is a Roman Style 42 m high triumph arch. A memorial for the soldiers who died in war.
- Jantar Mantar- Build under Maharaja Jai Singh in 1724, it is an observatory.
- Purana Qila- A very old fort built over a small hill is considered to be one of the oldest monuments in Delhi.
- Humayun tomb- A tomb of Mughal emperor Humayun, it is an example of Persian Architecture
- Lodhi Garden- Green area of Delhi with Canals and pathways. The city’s inhabitants come here to Relax.
- Qutb Minar- Located on the Southern edge of Delhi, it is the Architectural wealth of 12th century.
No other city demonstrates the Dramatic history of India as Delhi. It has remained the center of all the main events in the entire History of the country.